2/11/2008

S.A.D. Day....

Since it's getting close to S.A.D. Day (Single Awareness Day), I guess it's appropriate to write a bit about it.

Although it's a lame day made up by bunch of losers such as myself but I really like it! It reminds me to focus and not settle for whoever I can find. Of course it would be nice to have a special someone, but being single is actually pretty nice too....well....at least for now...lol!

I really hope my first will be my last and not have to waste bunch of my time dating, finding, or chasing after someone. Knowing that God has someone for me really puts me in a lot of ease and I'm willing to wait for the one. This person could be someone around me that I already know or it could be someone that I will meet in the future but I know that God has His timing.

Many has asked of what I look for in the one....well....I never really talked much about it....but I will make a one time exception.....

Just so you know, I'm not a picky person but there are certain things that is a MUST.

- Must love God more than she would ever love me.
- Must love me for most of who I am. (Minor things that you don't like about me, we can always work it out....)
- Must love kids.
- Must have a sense of humor and can take jokes.
- Must get along with my friends.
- Must have respect for self and others.
- Must be some what independent. (I'm not with you to be your slave...)
- Must not be full of drama. (a little of it is inevitable, but too much is just not for me....)
- Must not be high maintenance. (Please don't ask me for electricity/shower/toilet on a survival trip....)
- Must not be materialistic. (If you're only in it for the money or material stuff....nice try....)
- Must not be a power tripper.
- Must not be stubborn or unreasonable
- Must not get jealous easily. (Don't be a hater...)

OPTIONAL (Preferred, but not a must)

- Likes to travel (I love traveling! It would be nice if you would come along...)
- Likes music
- Likes animals
- Likes out door activities
- Likes Disneyland/Disney World (This should actually be a MUST...but I'll live with it if you don't)
- Knows a second language (Not that important...but would be nice!)
- Serves in church. (Doesn't really have to be church...but just serving God overall....)
- Clean and organize. (I'm a mess when I get busy so need a little balance there...)

DOESN'T MATTER (I don't really care....)

- Age (My parents were 8 years apart and they still had a wonderful marriage)
- Height (Although I don't really care...but if you're going to be taller...try to stay within 6"-12"...)
- Weight (Hopefully not more than me...caz i'm pretty heavy already...)
- Skin color
- Race
- Eating habits (Just don't leave me starving or have some really weird eating habits)
- Work or stay home mom (If you do want to work, at least put family first....)

Thats all I have time to list for now....maybe I'll have a more updated list later....but yea...I'm willing to wait for the right one to come along with God's timing and confirmation. Just like in Genesis 29, how Jacob was willing to wait 7 years and one week for Rachel....I too will wait. (I might or might not have to wait for 7 years....but you get the point...)

Are you waiting to wait?

4 comments:

Jessica Torres said...

I'm totally willing to wait...

and by the looks of this list...we could totally be married, with the exception of the drama...:)

Anonymous said...

=\ thats on the MUST list....plus, u'll need my daughters' approval and blessings....

Bibi said...

Wow Howard... I really like your list and wish you the best...

You totally deserve the girl you're waiting for!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!1 I SERIOUSLY HAVE UR FIRST FIVE ON MY LIST!!! :)

HOWARD..YOU DESERVE SOMEONENE FREAKIN AMAZING....SO U BETTER NOT SETTLE....THAT'S AN ORDER!!!!:)